Understanding the following questions ensures a smooth project and a great long term environment for your pool.
- What are the relevant requirements of the Australian Standards for Swimming Pool Safety?
- What type and style of fence?
- What materials are most appropriate?
- What colour and how is it applied?
- How will it be installed?
- When do I want the fence installed?
Australian Standards for Swimming Pool Safety
The standards cover the design, construction and performance of fences that restrict the access of young children to swimming pools. All our pool fences comply with the strength and design aspect of the standard. We also need to consider the placement of the fence at your house to ensure that it complies with the standard. Some key aspects of the Australian Swimming Pool Standards are:
- The fence must be at least 1200mm high measured from the ground;
- The pool gates must swing away from the pool and be self closing, self latching and have child resistant latches;
- There must be a clear span of at least 1200mm from the top of the fence outside the pool area;
- There must be at least 900mm between any horizontal rails;
- The maximum gap in or under the fence is 100mm